Friday, August 17, 2007

Grumpy Smurf


Remember this guy? No matter what anysmurf said, Grumpy followed it with "I HATE ___." Yeah Grumpy, my sentiments exactly regarding this synopsis thing...

How can I hate writing something this much? Every time I think about it, I refuse to. For example: I really ought to...what's on Shannah's blog? I really should begin...it's about lunchtime. I really, really need to...weren't there some towels that needed folding? That's right folks, I'm stooping to towels, for crying out loud!
I just never anticipated this kind of resistance to something so simple. And therein is the problem, methinks. I like the lax boundaries of writing fiction, and I don't care for the no-nonsense, simplistic, minimalist, streamlined parameters of a summary. A let me regurgitate what I just wrote minus all the fun summary. And a selling-myself-and-my-story summary, at that. Did I mention that I'm not a salesperson? "I HATE selling my story." Sigh.

I really should get to that...wonder if the mail has come yet.

No comments: